Engine Mount Components made of Polyamide
Lightweight Components Reduce Vehicle CO2 Emissions
For vehicles with a laterally installed engine, ContiTech Vibration Control has developed the first plastic (polyamide) torque damper with high mechanical strain resistance. The component is a standard feature, for example, in current Opel Astra/Insignia models.
- Thoroughgoing use of a lightweight design results in reductions in fuel consumption and emissions.
- A reduction in front-axle load results in enhanced driving safety and driving dynamics.
- Higher degree of vertical integration and realization of highly automated mass production.
- Diverse heavy-duty torque dampers and engine mounts introduced as elastomer/plastic composite parts in high-volume production
- Simulation makes possible optimum feedstock utilization
- Weight reduction of up to 50% realized
- Extensive lab and vehicle tests document component characteristics